Most of the locals call this area around the lake Rookery Road. At one time you could drive around parts of the lake and observe the nesting Roseate Spoon Bills and Herons as they raised their babies. This photo was taken around sunrise and it wasn't long before the kayakers were paddling out from the boat launch. Some were fisherman, some were photographers, and some like my-self (on dry land) were observers. Cajun Swamp Tour specializes in boat tours on the lake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Cahoots
This photo was taken near Pecan Island. I've heard the term "in cahoots with" many times. Today I learned that it's a fre...
-
As I drove down a side street in New Iberia I noticed how this home had seen better days. I then remembered a story told to me about a gif...
-
I looked at my phone and a call was coming in from Paris. My mind told me that either I was getting a call from a long ago deceased relativ...
-
On this particular late September day the early morning hint of a breeze feels a little like change. After the long hot summer here in Lou...

No comments:
Post a Comment