As I drove down a side street in New Iberia I noticed how this home had seen better days. I then remembered a story told to me about a gifted silver tea set. It came to my mother from a woman whose family lived there. The woman’s family was raised in the Atchafalaya Basin and as often happened they move to town and lived a cultured life. I don’t remember my mother ever making Tea. She was more of a cocktail in a crystal glass type of woman. C’est la vie.
Friday, June 21, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Cahoots
This photo was taken near Pecan Island. I've heard the term "in cahoots with" many times. Today I learned that it's a fre...
-
As I drove down a side street in New Iberia I noticed how this home had seen better days. I then remembered a story told to me about a gif...
-
I looked at my phone and a call was coming in from Paris. My mind told me that either I was getting a call from a long ago deceased relativ...
-
On this particular late September day the early morning hint of a breeze feels a little like change. After the long hot summer here in Lou...

I love this Roxie!!!
ReplyDeleteGood story huh.
Delete