Wednesday, May 21, 2025
The Ocean Springs Porch
This little front porch was magical. The scent of magnolias drifted on the breeze and the twist and turns of the old oak made me feel right at home. Being invited to spend a long weekend in the hometown of Walter Anderson, the celebrated artist of Ocean Springs, well no one would say no to that. So three women and one husband planned a getaway each having their own agendas. Cousins #1 wanted to see the golden sunset over the white sand beaches, Cousin #2 wanted to take early morning drives to watch the gulf fisherman heading out to Biloxi Bay, Cousin #3, the true artist among us, wanted to take in the sights of Andersons water colors throughout the museum, and the laughing husband wanted to eat Southern style Catfish at Aunt Jennys. At the perfect end of each day we gathered on the porch and shared our memories, sipped a couple of coctails, and let our laughter fill the oaks. Au revoir till our next adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Cahoots
This photo was taken near Pecan Island. I've heard the term "in cahoots with" many times. Today I learned that it's a fre...
-
As I drove down a side street in New Iberia I noticed how this home had seen better days. I then remembered a story told to me about a gif...
-
I looked at my phone and a call was coming in from Paris. My mind told me that either I was getting a call from a long ago deceased relativ...
-
On this particular late September day the early morning hint of a breeze feels a little like change. After the long hot summer here in Lou...

No comments:
Post a Comment